View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 05:48 PM
640 CI Aluminum FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy
LINE-X is stronger than ALL of the Rhino bedliner products. LINE-X has much better color match capabilities than Rhino. Rhino will use Solarmax. Solarmax is not a bad product, but is limited to about a 30% pigment concentration. If they can't hit the color after the 30%, then it won't match. LINE-X Xtra color matches are not subject to that problem. In addition, if your paint has metallic flakes, so will the LINE-X Xtra bedliner. Xtra is fortified with DuPont Kevlar (fibers are 5 times stronger than steel). By the way, Solarmax is not really a Rhino product, they just buy it from Bayer and put their name on the barrels. Anyone can buy it, including LINE-X, but Xtra is a superior product. Rhino does not have a product like Xtra.

$900 for a LINE-X Xtra color match is a bit high, I think $700 is more the average.

Both LINE-X Xtra and Solarmax are aliphatic, so you don't have to worry about fading.

Here's Solarmax. The bedliner looks good, but it doesn't match the truck very well.

Here's LINE-X Xtra.

More LINE-X Xtra (in Fords this time!)

This is actually a black LINE-X color match!
Thanks! Based on the pictures you provided me I've decided Linex Xtra is the way to go.

Thanks to everyone else who anwsered as well!