View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 01:26 PM
ydaveitsu
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ilateapex
This is good information. I had the same problem and after looking and following the factory vacuum diagrams I concluded that my 1998 E350 Club Wagon did not have the tank and valve. I fabricated a tank and installed a valve and it now works much better. My guess is I do have this and it is hidden like you state. It is most likely still leaking vacuum. Where did you cut the hole in the body? Any chance you can post a picture?

Thanks,

Michael
Sorry I didn't take any pictures. The hole was cut in the right inner fender well at about the 12 o'clock postion, positioned under the blower evaporater case under the hood. I took my measurement from the flange the blower flange bolts up to. If you were to reach in the hole the blower (fan) motor came out off, there is a flange about 4 to 5 inched that sits behind the squrril cage of the fan. Under the blower case about 2 inches toward the rear from this flange is where the check valve is. This is why I said take some measurement from a set point that you are able to transfer to the underside of the inner metal wheel well. This is about an all afternoon project. This was done after the plastic wheel well splash shield was removed. This is only held on with 4 trim screws.

Last edited by ydaveitsu; 06-22-2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: need additional info
The following users liked this post: