Thread: Ecoboost Rocks!
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 06:31 PM
truckerdude
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Realtorjames80
If you want to see my gas reciepts and trailer details I'll e-mail them to you. It will show you the distance between gas stations and how many gallons I bought. You can find the wind reports online due to the wallow fire burning up the Arizona country side and how it has changed the wind pattern due to the size of the fire. Go take a ecoboost for a ride at 55 mph and see what the RPM are and what milage you'll get. See for your self. The local dealer here in Albuquerque will let you test drive a ecoboost with a 7000 or 10,000 pound trailer so come to Albuquerque if you can't believe what this truck can do. I'm so impressed with this truck I contacted Ford and my wife wants one for herself.
Why would i want to test drive one? I have owned one since April and they won't get the mpg that you say loaded or unloaded. I have driven at 55 and 60 and will never get 30 mpg. Maybe if you have the 3.15 or 3.31 rear end. It will also never get over 10 mpg towing that weight with a 45 mph head wind.

Last edited by powerstroke72; 06-21-2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Remove insult