Old 06-19-2011, 05:17 PM
cliffhanger45
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by High_Horse
Part number AS260 small bottle AS261 large bottle for the fluid at Autozone.
Here's A-Z's diagram... Power Steering Pump | 2001 Ford Expedition 2WD 8 Cylinders L 5.4L EFI | AutoZone.com ...its basic but better than nothing. Your simply going to have to climb under and look.
I would suspect either the shaft seal or the line connection at the pump base. But it is possible your hose could be rubbing on a pulley. Where the lines run from the base of the pump up through by the frame there should be a wire loom retainer for those lines to keep them from the pulleys. I caught mine just in time greasing up the front. All you need to do is bend it away from the pulleys. But in your case you may need a new line which you can get for about $20 at most auto stores.
Not sure just yet but everything around the pump looks dry, only wet is right near the radiator where you can only see the two lines from the bottom. If you look from the top you see no wet on lines or any thing else at all, so there is only maybe a 6 inch area right at the driver side bottom front that shows wet, and the only thing there are 2 lines laying right next to each other, so close together you can not tell where the leak is. So i am thinking it is add fluid clean every spot that looks wet the run it and see what I can see. Funny I would think these were high pressure lines but they do not look like it, as they only have a light squeeze clamp you squeeze together and slide back and pull the wet rubber hose off the tubing.