Thread: Ecoboost Rocks!
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 12:35 AM
Realtorjames80
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Ecoboost power kills everything else

After waiting for 2 years for the ecoboost to come for sale in the F-150 I got rid of my pile of junk and I repeat the largest pile of junk, a 2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 4x4 for the new Ecoboost F-150 FX4 with all the options in tuxedo black. As both my wife and myself was very worried about jumping from a 3/4 ton truck back to a half ton truck since we pull often and often test the ablity of any type of truck noting that the last truck failed Ford promised that this truck was built for us. They weren't lying. We just came back from picking up a 30' 5th wheel from Arizona back to New Mexico. 8,800 pounds of dry weight, 45 mph head wind and 103 degree's for hours at 70 mph. Can I say more? Yup, It made 10.5 mpg through these conditions. This truck rocks and kicks major butt. We went up major hills passing semi trucks like it was nothing. I pulled into a gas station and a guy pulling a trailer the same size with a power stroke behind us stopped and came over to see what truck was pulling the trailer in front of him. He almost fell over and couldn't believe that my F-150 was pulling that trailer. When he ask what engine was in the truck and I said a 3.5 L V6 you should have seen his face. He called me a liar. He stated that he barely kept up on some of the hills we were going through(not lying). What's crazy is my F-150 had so much more power to go. You won't the power until you have a chance to pull with the ecoboost. I recommend the super crew ecoboost with the 6.5' bed, FX4 or better package, heavy duty trailer tow package with built in trailer brake, Lux package, 3.73 locking diff and captain chairs. My father in law has the eco boost with the 3.55 gearing and I have the 3.73 gearing and you can feel the power difference between the 2 trucks. My only complaint after 3,000 miles is wish the heated leather seats got warmer for my bad back. I'm a hard judge so if that's my only complaint then this truck is amazing. MPG is amazing at about 30 mpg at 55 mph but drops fast to about 16 mpg at 80. I get around 16 in the city driving. Buy this truck and you'll fall in love with it.