View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 02:56 PM
binuya
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JESTERxHEAD

If I find b50 or b100 at a pump can I put that in my truck or do I have to do more to it in order to burn that without issues in the summer?
Absolutely. Like Don mentioned previously, carry a spare filter in case the biodiesel scours out any possible build up or junk in your fuel system. It didn't happen on mine, presumably since my fuel system was pretty clean to begin with. B50 is what I have run in our mild Seattle winters,(actually closer to B60-B70), as it rarely gets into the teens here, so you are fine with B100.

You will love the smell of your exhaust. Hard to describe, but it's not a food smell like some people have mentioned. You will also hear a mellower combustion note, quieter with a softer clatter.

On a side note, in conjunction with what I mentioned above, because it has a lower BTU content, your MPG on B100 will decrease by anywhere from 5%-10%. Power drop will feel proportionately the same. But since I make my own, these matters are of no issue to me. Give B100 a try and let us know what you think!