Old 06-14-2011, 06:15 AM
jailbar
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like many of the threads I have been reading over the last three years, as I have been doing the build on my 42-47, I have found the process to be a series of design changes between staying with the old and deciding to go more modern. I have been working along side an older gentleman who has built many projects, and following his advice and design ideas so this truck can be a dependable daily driver

I bought the rolling stock without an engine and transmission, and have added a mustang front suspension, a 98 ford explorer rear end complete with springs and shocks, and after market guages to match the transmission and engine that I installed. That is why I have the friction shocks and original cluster for sale. THe inner panels were not needed as we built new ones that helped enclose the engine compartment and fit over the mustang front end like it has always been there.

All the sheet metal is original, having been dipped and brought back to life. Along the way I had been finding parts on the internet, and swap meets.
I tried to save the PU bed, but the repairs outweighed the cost of buying a bed from Northern Classic and assembling/painting it, that is why I have the tailgate. We installed electric windows and that is why I have two sets of window frames

I'll admit that the design changes have cost $, but in the end I know I will be happier with the truck and will be safe going down the road.

I have also found out that the two metal pieces that attach to the radiator support are the key pieces to hanging and aligning the front of this truck, without them you cannot do it, unless you can fabricate them..

We are in the home stretch, last part is to mount the pickup bed, and fit the rear fenders to the bed and running board. I will try to post some pictures soon.
Jailbar