Old 06-13-2011, 03:06 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Passed my Motorcycle Safety Foundation Beginner Riders Course!!!!!!

Yipppeeeeeee!!! It was a long hot weekend, but after two days of intensive studying and practice I passed the Beginner Riders Course.

To learn to ride a motorcycle is on my bucket list. This past weekend I attended a two day course via OKRiders.com It’s an official Motorcycle Safety Foundation Beginner Rider Course. It was six plus hours of class and book work time. And 10 hrs of on the bike course time. I highly recommend this course to anyone. Our class of 8 students ranged from a 15yr old girl to a 60+yr old man. There were only two of us, myself included, that had never ridden/driven a motorcycle. We all passed.

Before this course my one an only time driving a motorcycle was when I was about 11. I got on a friends bike and thought all I had to do to drive it was pull on the throttle. Wrong. That ride lasted 1 second, ended with me on my back in the mud and the bike popping a wheely into a curb and cracking the oil case.

Thankfully I scored a 100 on the written exam and got a 96 on the riding course exam.(I was happy to not have laid the bike down and to not run into anyone.)

I’m so proud that I just had to share. Here’s a pic of me and the training bikes(mine was the little red Suzuki) and me getting my certificate from my instructors. (Another good thing about this course is that it counts as a defensive driving course so it gets me an insurance discount. Yippeeee)