View Single Post
Old 10-25-2001, 10:21 AM
Cragar
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Popping noise 1994 f150

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 25-Oct-01 AT 11:27 AM (EST)[/font][p]Matt,

Not sure if you have found your problem just yet. I know you say it's coming from the front-end. Are you sure of this? Sometimes noises seem to come from the driver's side when, in fact, they are actually coming from the passenger side or even centrally located. Totally depends on your position when you listen to the noise.

I, too, had a metal-to-metal noise coming from under my truck a few months ago. It happened mostly when taking off from a stop, accelerating, or climbing a hill. What I found out was that it appeared to only happen when power was applied to the driveline. Problem ended up being a bad U-joint connecting to the rear axle (I believe these are typically the first to go bad....may be wrong).

I don't know if this is your problem, but it wouldn't hurt just to check. When dealing with noises and vibrations (which are extremely difficult to diagnose at times), it's better to count things out than to write them off.

Keep us posted....
Cragar