View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 02:33 PM
83capril
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
80 & 86 Stepsides for sale.

I am looking to sell my project trucks. Combine them and you could have a decent old truck with parts to spare. I would prefer to sell as a pair so I don't see the other sitting around and start having second thoughts. It is just time to move on and 6 vehicles is to many at the moment. I am listing them at $1200 for the pair. You will also get other parts I have laying around at this price, Extra rear-ends, body trim, C6, Also a 300 6cyl. Nothing is "Junk" it is all USED parts. Not perfect but can and will make for decent parts.

Details....... 1980 F100 5.0L 4 spd (I believe it is a T18) Manual brakes work great! Fairly solid truck, Most body work needed is the bed and some interior. It will run for about 30 seconds on a cold start then starts sputtering and dies. Then it will not start till the next day. Not sure what it is, It gets Fuel, spark and air. I use to drive it everyday till this happened. Also it had a vibration in the rear. I think the drive shaft carrier bearing is going bad. It has a drive shaft from an S10. Not my doing. The engine is 1968 vintage with E7 heads and a Performer rpm manifold. Ran great when it was in my other car.

1986 F150 5.0L 4 spd (not sure what trans it is.) Frame is solid, The floor boards and bed need to be patched. Cab corners and front fenders are rusty. Engine has a Knocking sound. It does run and can be driven onto a trailer. The 4x4 works from what I can tell. It shifts fine from what little I drove it. Power Brakes are bad, Rusted out line.

Now for some pics. If you have any questions please ask. I know I'm missing some info others may want to see. I just wanted to cover the basics. Yes they both need LOVE and a GOOD home. I have tittles for both trucks. Trucks are located 30 miles north of Campaign, IL