Old 05-30-2011, 11:23 PM
BigJared
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In know it's been awhile, but here's the scoop!

After replacing all of the other pieces: O2 sensor, Ignition Module, Temperature Sensor, MAP Sensor, Thermostat, Spark plugs, All vacuum lines. The truck still failed the test. Worse than before.

So I finally broke down and bought a "remanufactured" ECU from "OH Really Auto Parts". Installed it. Test drove the truck. It seemed to perfectly. The richness in the exhaust seemed to be gone. It pulled strong through all of the gears. I was ready for the next test.

I immediately took the truck to the inspection station and it passed. WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! Quite quickly even. (if the HC and CO are in check from the start, the test will cycle to the next step before the time is up). The NOX was high, but not high enough to fail.

I took the truck back to the woman who drives it daily, and it was fine for a day. Then it started dying again, as you start to take off, with a significant jerk, almost completely stopping dead in its tracks then taking off again. It also does this at speed, but inertia keeps it from being so pronounced. Around 1500 to 2200 RPM.

I think it is possibly a bad ECU (again).

I could really use some help on this. Thanks. Big Jared