Old 05-30-2011, 06:43 PM
WVVan
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Install the blower motor housing tube on the new blower motor. Notice that the new blower motor has a external electrical socket. The old one had an internal socket.

The old blower motor had a foam gasket where it mated to the blower assembly. It couldn't be reused so I had to come up with something. Since this was at the end of the day and I'd be finishing up the install in the morning I decide to make a gasket out of silicone.

First clean off the metal surface so I'd get good adhesion.

Put a layer of silicone on the metal face and use a putty knife to smooth it out and give it a somewhat even thickness.

Let it set up overnight. Next day it's like a rubbery gasket.

Use a utility knife to cut out the holes around the rim.

The new blower motor came with a new retainer clip. Line up the wheel with the flat spot on the motor shaft and slide it on. To seat the clip I placed it on the end of the shaft.

Then with the same 5/16" socket and extension I had used to remove the screws, place it on the clip and gently tap down with a small hammer.

That's pretty much it. Just put everything back in the reverse order of it's removal.

There are little nibs on the blower assembly to help with lining up the blower motor.

One more hint. Hook up the battery and try out the new fan before you screw the battery hold down into place. I had a hell of a time getting that long bolt to seat correctly into it's base. Hate to find out there was a problem and I'd just have to take it out again.

That's it. All additions and corrections welcomed.