View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 02:30 PM
slayerman54
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff Dodson
well I can tell you there is NO (ZERO) gain unless your pump is locked up up something like that, They free spin. I removed mine because when I put the headers, I had to cut the air pipes because they were rusted on there. Anyway, Mine is a 351W (5.8) so I dont think the size of my belt will do you any good
I know it's an old post but you were in the same boat I'm in now so I was wondering if you have any advice? I put headers on my 460 equipped 95 F350 and now the A.I.R. pump doesn't hook to anything and just makes a ton of wind noise under the hood and I want to remove it. I don't want to go through the BS of removing the pump itself since I just got done putting a lot of stuff back together under the hood but I want to remove all the emissions garbage that isn't working anyway. My question is, do I just cut the lines at the pump and cap them or will this explode the pump? Or should I just remove all the lines and leave the pump so I don't have to buy a new Alt. belt since mine is only 1 week old?