View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 11:27 AM
r2millers
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New toy trailer

Well All,
We bit the big one and worked a deal on this 2006 toy trailer y/day.

Bill, to your point, we only have about 5" between the truck rail and trailer as seen below. I will have to raise the hitch up a notch to get at least the 6" necessary. The pin box is already down as low as possible.

In hooking this unit up y/day with the slider hitch out, I was able to keep the tailgate down while hooking up the pin. Once completed, closing the tailgate and moving the slider up to towing position was a breeze. I will keep the slider rather than changing out the base as this was a nice way to hook up.
Thanks for the advise Bill.

See the "new guy" below. I like the 32' length as it's not too long, yet with triples, allows for added safety. It's an all aluminum frame with only 9900 UVW (unloaded veh wt). I does have a 15,500 GVWR with approx 5,600# in available load capacity, although I can't imagine ever using all of that. I does require a non-commercial A license here in Cal. being over 15k, but we've already got that.

The truck GCWR is 23,000 and it weighs approx 8,800 so with the max wt of 15,500 trailer, I have an available -1,300 to haul. What it really means is that I need to haul less than 14,200 max including trailer and truck. No way I'll pull 4,300#'s in added weight when hauling just motorcycles.