View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 03:03 PM
gr8scott72
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 378wby
Greetings all:

I've been having the loud clunk under the drivers side floor, that many others have as well. Did many hours of research and replaced the sway bar end links. Napa only had the left side in stock so I did it first last weekend and did the right side this weekend. One thing I noticed when doing the right side was the hole in the frame was all wallowed out. Drilled out the bushing in the upper end link and used a bigger bolt to fill the gap up. went for a drive and the clunk was way worse than it ever was still on the left side. So I took off the left one and went for a drive. Sure enough no clunk, the left one was wallowed out as well. So I did the same thing on that side and the evil clunk is finally gone. I did read of this in one of the threads I researched here that one of the senior memebers did with his X. Just thought I would throw that out to you guys that may have a clunk after replacing the end links, Check the upper holes. Thanks for all your great advice, you guys are fantastic. Thanks Again

Good to know as I'll be doing mine soon.