View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 10:36 PM
egoboost
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did mine at 700 miles and have 2300 miles now. At the time of purchase Ford was putting inserts in owner's manuals to switch to FL2055. Now it is going back to the smaller filter. I posted about this issue on another forum. The 2055 is a larger filter and works just fine. The parts manager at my dealer showed me some information on fmcdealer.com website and he even made some calls about this. There were some customer satisfaction issues regarding size and difficulty of installing the 2055 and the larger diameter increased the risk for belt contact. The engineers feel the smaller filter will be just fine without these issues. I checked mine and the belt is not rubbing on it so i'll keep the 2055 on until I'm due again.

Here were 2 questions directed to Jim Mazuchowski (Ecoboost Program Manager) after the Torture Test.

4:40 [Comment From Michael R. ] Hi Jim, I just bought a brand new Ford F-150 CrewCab 4x4 on Friday with the ECOBOOST engine and the heavy tow package and I was wondering if synthetic oil is preferred due to the turbo(s)?

4:41 Jim Mazuchowski: Michael - Thank-you for your purchase. While the EcoBoost doesn't require any special maintanence, Motorcraft 5W30 (synthetic blend) is the recommended oil.

5:02 [Comment From GreginTampa ] Is there a different break in needed for the ecoboost

5:03 Jim Mazuchowski: Good question Greg - the EcoBoost engine in the F-150 doesn't require any special break-in or special maintanence.