View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Oldschool1962
New Oldbie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body work assistance

I have a '66 and need help bad. Need help locating a good body shop that is not going to try and take a couple months salary welding a few panels.

I am in the Tri-Cities area so it's to Richmond, Prince George County, Chester, Chesterfield and Williamsburg. I have a line on one person from Haley Ford South. He works in the Body Shop there but moonlights doing resto work.

To answer the question if it comes up........I need to have the following done.

To the drivers side......Floor pan, rocker, kick and step plate, lower front pillar, lower door skin and repair to the area under the fender skirt and the lower portion of the floor vent cowl.

The passenger side just needs the lower portion of the vent cowl same as the drivers side and lower door skin.

The bed needs the front floor crossmember support and 4 sections of 16"X48" replacement panels.

There is also a leak in the cowl under the dash that needs attention as well.

I really appreciate the help and.....

Thanks!!!!

Oh Yeah....can't forget....any good transmission shops in the area too? I need either a rebuilt 3.03 3spd or someone who can rebuild the one in the truck. It keeps hanging up in third and at the worst possible times.

I would try and do the rebuild but it's been years...and I mean decades......since I've had my hands in a gearbox plus we have so much else happening.....it would take me the remainder of the year to get it completed.

Thanks again!!!!!!