View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Copedawg
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
fyerser, don't let the "lesson" scare you....the PSD is the way to go.
I understand what you are trying to do by throwing a part at it to see if it runs before you buy it but I feel like we are not see-ing eye to eye.

Please, PLEASE help us...so we can help you!

IF it is a 97 F250 diesel, It does NOT have a injector pump so PLEASE call him and confirm. I almost want to get the name and # from you so I can talk to him myself, lol.
Can you call him and get the VIN? If so PLEASE post it so we can see what you have/looking at.
Is it possible he means an 87?
Is it possible he put an older diesel in the 97 (I don't know why anyone would, though).
Can you ask him to find the part at a parts store online and send you the link (so you can post it here for us to look at).
As far as going with another truck...stick with the PSD OBS (Old Body Style in the 94.5-97). You have 24/7 tech help (from like a brazillion {tribute to "W"} people who have seen it all) right here! oh and here are some manuals for you just cause we like you, they are free of charge for today:
1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual
97-15A 7.3L DI Turbo Workshop Manual
and here is a cool site for ideas: http://pages.prodigy.net/stevebaz/_i...az/index3.html