View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 01:00 PM
LongTravelHighboy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To address your fuel delivery worry/issue, the simplest and cheapest thing i can think of is one of those clear in-line fuel filters that you can put in front of the carbureator to check if its getting adequate fuel. Just a couple bucks for the filter,some pennies for the hose clamps, a knife, and 15 minutes later you have a no **** answer to whether youre getting fuel and what it looks like.

Edit** forgot your other question. From what ive read, impacts hard enough to bust an in-cab tank and start a fire are hard enough that the driver of the truck wouldnt care because you would be dead. Use the search function to look up more debates on this.

On another note...

Dudebro,

You are worse than me. Slow down and breathe.
Do you NEED this truck on the road? is it your primary form of transportation?

If its not, why install the tank in the rear if its not what you want?

What i do with these vehicles and other expensive stuff is make a list of options and wants in a pro/con format and try to objectively list the stuff out so i can see if my wild dreams even make any sense considering things like my time+budget constraints and what i will use it for. It has really paid off in the end, because it forces me to think and approach these money pit hobbies I have with a somewhat level head.