View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Jasonec83
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.4L Super Duty 20mpg @ 70mph

5.4L Super Duty 20mpg at 70mph
<O</O
Well that’s what I’m shooting for. I just bought a 07 F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4 with a 5.4L automatic. I haven’t checked to see what the gears are yet. I drive about 90% highway with the cruise set on 70. I live in west <ST1Texas </ST1so the there will be no mountain driving to through off the results. The test strip will be from a gas station in <ST1<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com</st1:City>Lamesa, <st1:State w:st="on">Texas</st1:State></ST1 to the gas station where I turn to go to my house. Approximately 65 miles apart, this drive will be 99% highway with one traffic light near the gas station in Lamesa which I might get stopped at. Otherwise, there is nothing to skew the results except for maybe wind, which results affected by wind will be recorded but not counted. Currently the truck is in stock form with the exception of a grill guard, and window sun visors.
<O</O
Currently the truck gets 13.2mpg in stock form with 120,000 miles on it. So I’m looking for suggestions on what to do to increase the mileage. I will be starting with the least expensive upgrades first and working my way deeper into my pocket book. I would appreciate any suggestions and first hand experience. If you feel the need to leave messages like “it will never happen, buy a Honda, or keep your foot out of it” I don’t care to hear it. Constructive comments only please.
<O</O
First things first It needs a tune up.
<O</O