Old 05-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Johnny Langton
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jasonec83
Thanks Johnny for the feedback. You said you fabricated one for your navigator; did you use one fan or two? Also, did you build a shroud for the fan(s) or did you just bolt them on the back/front of the radiator?
If you’re willing to show off your work with some pictures that would be of great help to me.
What kind of increase in power and/or mileage did you notice?
when the fans kick on do you notice any draw on the electrical system? Your dash lights don't dim or anything do they?

Flex-a-lite sells a two fan bolt on kit for the f-250 that claims to move 4000cfm, but it does not use a shroud. I’m thinking that kit would be a good starting point but before I bet 600$ that it will work I would like to get as much information as possible.
I used an OEM '94-'97 Tbird 2 speed fan.
I attached it to the OEM truck fan shroud to keep a good flow of air through the radiator. The Tbird uses a 130 amp alternator-the same alternator that the Navigator uses. Power gains are minimal, mileage gained was 1.5-2 mpg consistently. I've heard OF nothing but problems out of that flex-a-lite "kit". The fan controller that is included with that "kit" commonly fails.
JL