View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 12:47 PM
aklightning
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Raptor Owner!!

Well yesterday I drove home in a Ingot Silver Super Crew Raptor. Oh man I haven't been this excited since me and my brother got a lightning. This thing is just amazing. I've never drove a 6.2 yet so I wasn't sure how the power band was going to be and I was expecting it to ride like a Ford tuck. Boy oh boy it sure isn't a super duty! Rides like a dream. The power band is so nice too. The 6 speed seems like it takes a bit to downshift when you get on it but that could just be me cause I've never drove with a 6 spd auto before.
As for the cab me and my dad wanted a ext cab. We aren't really crew kind of people but when we went to see our sales man at Cals and he said all they had was 1 raptor but it was a crew. So me and the ol man waited the weekend to think on it. Fist it was the color we wanted so that was leaning on us, then I told my dad that when my brother comes to visit he's going to be bringing two babies that need to be in car seats and then the wife too and we don't have anything but standard cab trucks. So at that point it was sold for us all we had to do was wait out the weekend and hope nobody bought it!
I'm not much for the price tag on these but I'm going to say if you guys are thinking about getting one, DO IT! These are really really great trucks and the crew cab has so much room you could live in it.
Now for my questions to you owners
What are some seat cover options for these? I'd like some form fit nice ones not the generic ones.
The led light bars I see on the front of some, is there a mount kit for the raptor or are they just the ones that come with the lights?

Thanks guys for reading my scribble. God bless.