Old 05-09-2011, 09:59 AM
kmonty2
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sith Lord
If folks want great mileage get a Prius.

That right foot has a lot to do with mileage ,as you guys state. I try to tell my 3 teenagers that same thing, but they seem to dismiss my advice. I will be very happy with 16 - 18 on the hwy and empty. I owned 4 PSDs (2x7.3 and 2x 6.0) and that is what I avgd with them all and I also got that with my Tundra.
I don't think people that buy these trucks are looking to get Prius gas mileage, just want to get the best they can. Anything u can do to save a little money is always worth it. I knew going in when I bought mine 9-11 mpg was about it, and that's fine with me. So anything over that I am saving money. A lot of people at work keep asking how I like my truck now that gas is around $4 a gallon, and just keep telling them, I wouldn't trade it for anything else. I can afford the gas and knew prices were going up when I ordered mine. Yeah a diesel would be nice but I didn't need the extra power and the extra amount for the engine didn't make sence to me. I don't plan in keeping my truck 10 years or putting on 200,000 miles. So what I save at the pump more then makes up for what I save in the truck price.

But someone knows a way to get better MPG's from the 6.2, I will take a look at it and save where I can. Real tests like the one Iggy did, helps everyone out on a new engine since Boone really knows what it will do in the long run.