View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 10:04 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Happy Mother's Day, though I'm fairly certain there aren't any mothers/ladies directly in this chapter (yes, several of us are married). I'd rather be at home with my wife to make her day...but it's part of the price I pay to play with trains for a living. Hopefully this will be the last one I spend out of town like this...three in a row gets old quickly.
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Finally back on the 'net after an apparent lightning strike over the weekend took out my modem and router. Damn thing apparently took out my garage door opener too. All in all, total is still under my deductible on my homeowners, so I get to pay it all.
Dang that stinks...but I know exactly how you feel. By time you meet the deductible you've pretty much replaced everything. Same goes for the contents of my truck. Oh well.
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891
Ive had a pretty damn good week so far. Only had to work 2 nights (pocket book didnt like that but I did)
I know that exact feeling. Since the White River isn't expected to crest until sometime later this week, our trackage is still underwater near Diaz. Which means no coal trains to the power plant. Two weeks ago, had it not been for our agreement that protects 40 hours of pay as long as your "marked up"...it would have been an ugly week (27.25 hours). This last week was 44.5 hours; not exactly what I wanted but I'll take it. Hopefully the rain is done for a while and the rivers will go down. In another forum a friend of mine posted this about Vicksburg, MS...

Flood stage at Vicksburg is 43'. The river stage at noon today (5/6/11) was 49.0'. The river is currently forecasted to crest at Vicksburg on May 20 at 57.5'. The all-time record stage at Vicksburg is 56.2' on May 4, 1927

That's allot of water boys & squirrels.
Originally Posted by jimkidd
Got to Iraq a few days ago... It's still a freakin' dessert.
But think about all the money your saving on an Uncle Sam sponsored vacation!

And this posting marks my 1500 post.