View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 08:16 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm not a big fan of deleting the EGR system. I believe that is an unnecessary action. Considering my truck is flowing 40% more fuel than even just a tuned 6.0 truck and I have my original working EGR system that was on my truck when it just had 20 miles and now it is over 200k.

Also bare in mind that it is illegal for you to do this on a truck that is going to be used "on-road" regardless if your local area has emissions testing or not. A lot of people seem to think that it's ok as long as you don't have emissions testing. Emissions testing just increases your odds of getting caught, doesn't make it any more or less an illegal act.

However, if you are just dead set on doing something, I wouldn't do the full delete. I would do just a bypass. All the equipment would be there if someone went looking. You would just have to find an exhaust shop that is willing to risk getting caught to do the work for you if you can't do it yourself. The y-pipes can be a bit troublesome if you aren't careful. Even some of the replacement y-pipes in the delete kits can be troublesome as well due to how they are welded.