View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 05:25 PM
ecoastkid
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightning brakes are nothing special. They are essentially the exact same brakes as found on my 99 4x4 expy.

That being said, Advanced auto definately has a listing for F150 lighthing...look a little further down in the list. It will also auto populate the engine as the supercharged one since it was the only one available.

The rotors listed are 40 - 83 bucks...If your not into peformance driving, Id get the wagner stuff and call it a day. I'd avoid the "wearever" store brand. I've had nothing but probs with that on lots of vehicles.

for fronts, that puts you at about 134 a pop for the rotors. The reason they are so expensive is because its not just a rotor, its the entire hub assembly so you may want to install some new bearings (or repack your old ones if not worn) DONT over tighten that axel nut....its measured in inch pounds...barely more then hand tight.

If you look on Rockauto.com, you will get a MUCH better deal. Hell, you can get the motorcraft replacements for less then 70 bucks.

Fordparts.com even has them for 100 bucks...and you can pick them up at a dealer.