View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 11:19 AM
wmjoe1953
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The chassis was cleaned with "Awesome" from the Dollar Tree, and a wire brush, then treated with Eastwood "Rust Converter," "Rust Encapsulator," and "2K Ceramic Chassis Black." So far, I have aquired new parts from Mid-Fifty, in Arizona, Concours Parts, in Carson City, Nevada, and Mac's, in New York, as well as some incidentals through the local NAPA, and CarQuest. To date, this truck has cost approximately $2700. Another $3000 is anticipated, including the purchase of a good donor cab, along with the remainder of electrical wiring, body weather seals, and bed wood. We also will be replacing the seat foam, and covering, and installing new interior trim panels. The dash electrical switches will be replaced too. The original starter, and generator have been rebuilt, and I received a call yesterday afternoon stating they are ready to be picked up. The original radiator, however, was not so lucky, as it was determined to be brittle, and was compromised during a pressure test at the radiator shop (I personally think they over charged it and popped it, but I will not be able to prove that). The donor truck we will be aquiring, has good original Ford script glass, and minimal amounts of rust in one or two cab corners. The hood on the donor truck has no rust, nor do the doors. This truck, has suffered extensive rust in the cab, doors, and hood.