Old 04-25-2011, 11:05 PM
chromeLuxx
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1968 f100 360 with hard start and stalling issues

I have a 1968 f100 with the stock origional 360 that has developed hard starting, poor running and immediate stalling issues directly upon picking it up from a transmission shop after they replaced a leaking pan gasket, only a few monthes after they rebuilt tranny. As I tried to drive away it was very hard to start and stalled before I made it out of the lot. According to the Manager it acted in the same manner since they received the truck, even though I drove to the shop just fine. I asked him why they never mentioned it when calling me nor when I pick the truck up to no avail.
The truck does sit off and on, but always starts and runs great. The carb appears to get gas and the inline filter looks clear. I replaced the plugs, plug wires, cap, rotor, and coil (the old one was leaking oil badly upon pulling the wire). It does have a Pertronix Ignitor II electronic ignition and I'm wondering if it was affected when the coil went bad. I'm running out of ideas and it's hard to test if I can't get it running to check for spark and etc. Any ideas would be great! I've included a YouTube video URL of my truck:
<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/user/kehoahawaii ... WpvQNJlxXU<!-- m -->