Thread: 2000 F350 V10
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 05:21 AM
Randallman
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 F350 V10

Hey new to the forum but from what i've read so far, it seems like an excellent site. I just bought a 2000 F350 V10 5 speed, stick shift transfer case, crew cab, long bed, srw with about 130k miles. Initially it appeared in great shape. No leaks, dents, scratches or funny noises while driving/ idling. Day after I got home i learned the power locks werent working and replaced all 4 actuators thanks to posts i found on this site. Day 2 began with clutch rattling noises when starting from a stop when the clutch is between disengaged and engaged. I'm guessing throwout bearing but havent gotten a chance to pull tranny to look. Dealership says everything was in perfect working condition when it left the lot so I must've caused the problems. This is making me wonder what else I'll need to replace in the near future that was in "perfect working condition" a week ago which leads me to my question ...

Is there any notorious issues with the 2000 super dutys or the V10's i should be watching for or prepared for?

Im currently somewhere around page 25 in reading through recent posts and have noticed something about the spark plugs "sticking" but havent determined what that entails exactly.

Thanks in advance for any input or advice, -- Rand