Old 04-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Capone
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys, I usually stick to the Big Bronco forum but I read this thread and I had the same problem recently.

I had some kind of fluid leak that covered my oil pan and trans oil pan from the driver side.....so I popped the hood and saw the alfredo sauce dripping down from the air box onto the wheel well.

So I popped the airbox open and whoa.....here is what i saw

A wet air filter and a saturated PCV filter.

My dipstick was squeeky clean and I kept checking it....I was paranoid.

I removed the airbox to valv cover hose and whoa!!! It looked like a clogged artery!!! Thick creamy foam inside the entire hose!!! I removed the new valve cover breather cap and only had residual water and cream.

I removed all and cleaned the cap with degreaser and fuel. Same with the Airbox. I used the left over hoses from my goodyear high miler hose kit to make a valve cover to airbox hose (silicone repels water or moisture).

Once all fit I threw away the motorcraft paper filter and dropped in a cleaned and oiled K and N.

All is working well, no signs of creamy stuff in the dipstick or oil....and no stuff in the oil cap.

I'll check again when I take a trip on the weekend. I use royal purple synthetic oil and take short trips on a daily basis.

Coolant in radiator or catch tank shows no signs of oil either.