Old 04-13-2011, 05:59 PM
77460ford
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I'll through my Mistress in for consideration. What started out as a '77 F150 4X4 for general use has become a money pit and the disdain of my family .

I guess the start was when the originl 351M threw a rod bearing and I put in a mild 460, well that was enough of a taste to want more. It now has a 472 and 100 lbs of onboard nitrous. Each part I changed required modifing something else or upgrading a part that was not up to the task.

So to date: 472 backed by a fully built C6 with low ratio gear set and billet converter, yukon HD 9" case, spool and strange axles with rear discs and hydroboost. Twin 50lb nitrous bottles with NOS cheater plate (180hp) with SNOW Performance Water/Methanol injection. Leather bucket seats, Kwik shift shifter, Autometer gauges and custom tach housing, custom Aeromotive fuel pump & filter bracket and an endless list of other parts that almost make me cry when I look at it.........almost. It's a love it or hate type truck but that's alright because she's mine and I love every minute I'm in it ).