Old 04-11-2011, 08:59 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only thing those heads had in common with the Chrysler Hemi heads were a slight reference to the intake rocker arms/or exhaust ? dont remember..and the valve covers..the rest was a custom design by Mickey, and the bolt hole and water passages, and oilers were all in a different location...

Plus I have never seen a rebuilt set of 392 hemi heads for $1000 ? hell i know where I can get a 392 shortblock that needs a rebuild for $1500...anbd hell if I could get the heads ready to run for $1K..I'd be on that like stink on a s**t... and stuff it into Our Mustang !

Not flaming anyone..as I knew Mickey on a personal level , and had even been to his house back in the late 70's when I was a Machinist for Garrett Air Research, and he needed a couple of our turbo's like yesterday..I ran them up to his house on my lunch break... Mickey was a real good fab man as well as Danny is..But they never cut up and welded Chysler hemi heads to fit an FE... He got the Idea from just looking how they were made an incorporated what he could for one of his early motors..