View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 01:53 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone! I think its been about 2 months since Ive been on here. Ive been working about all the overtime they will give me (still working it though) & spending more time with family & my other hobby.

Good news is I have another Ford in my yard. A '94 F150 2wd short bed with a 300 I6 & E4oD. First full week I ran it, I was getting 15.5mpg. Changed the oil, plugs, wires, cleaned up the connections on the cap & rotor then fixed 2 vacuum leaks. After all of that it jumped up to 17.3mpg. Now if I can keep it under 60mph I might be able to get 18mpg. I also have a slight problem with it shifting hard/late. I have all of the stuff to change the fluid & filter and hope that fixes it.

Still have my '82 F250 "tropical truck" even after pretty much selling it to a friend. That damn truck was driving me F'ing nuts for a several months. Still not sure of the actual problem but as long as it isnt on the cold side of cool outside, it will fire up & run great. When it acts up, I can get it fired up & idling good for a few minutes then it flat out dies. Figured out I was loosing spark. Small chance to get it to hit & stay running but I normally had to wait until it warmed up outside to drive it home from work. Or just call David & have him tow it home.

Also been trying to figure out what Im going to do with my '77 F250 4x4. Im torn between more or less restoring it with a little extra (engine work, dual T-cases, little lift & tires) or just building THE 4x4 I want. SuperCab longbed sitting on a Deuce & half frame, suspension & axles. Stuff a diesel in it (still can decide on that one either) & use the Rockwell T-case along with the one behind a diesel & auto. I know the Rocks are overkill for just about everything Im going to use the truck for but it makes more sense to over build it once than build the stock stuff a little tougher then break it only to dump more money in it. Im gonna stop here cause I could ramble on about that truck for another hour or two probably.

Heres a couple pictures of my new truck: