View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 11:18 PM
explosionrc
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crazed87bronco
I haven't got an exact answer about the L&L towers I'm pretty sure they do drop the engine down and back to the correct location or else I would of read some complaints about them which I didn't hear any bad about either company. As far as the autofab engine towers they won't work with any other mounts except there own from what I can tell. The thing with the autofab mounts is if you try getting your engine mounts to work with there towers you'd actually weaken the solid structure they built as your putting your rubber mounts on in there place of solid metal where in a lot of cases when stock engine mounts break they pull the metal backing plate or the stud out of the rubber that's your main weak link in the stockers most of the time. If I was you and your at all worried about breaking mounts I'd sell the transdapt mounts and go with autofabs

I've been looking at the autofab mounts. I think I could make those. The only thing would be getting the polyurethane bushing but I could use a leafspring bushing in a piece of pipe. (I ran out of money) As far as getting towers from a 73-79 f250 they won't bolt in. I went and looked at a 77 truck and the bolt holes arent spaced the same. I think Autofab is the best commercial solution. I'll be interested to see how your swap goes.

I'm not really worried about breaking mounts, at this point I just want my 460 bolted in as soon and cheap as possible. If its weak I can upgrade later. I have a NP435 4 speed so I'm unlikely to break anything there if the mounts break like the guy with a C6 on your thread. I'm going to watch your thread to see how you get along with the autofabs and at the same time try making some myself.