View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 09:15 PM
explosionrc
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crazed87bronco
here's a thread i started you should check out and should answer your question i'm about to do this swap on my 71 f250 4x4 i ended up going with the autofab engine mounts as they are more sturdy then l&l's but either will work and havent heard anything bad on either. i just ordered my mounts yesterday so i can't say much yet but will update my thread with pics of the mounts and the install in my truck within weeks so if you can hold off buying for alittle while you can see how i made out. link to thread https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...or-71-4x4.html

Thank you! I read your thread and it answers most of my questions. My Tansdapt mounts are exactly the same as the L&L mounts judging from the pictures, so I think I just need towers. From what I see on the autofab website it looks like the towers and mounts mate differently, so my L&L/Transdapt mounts wouldn't work with their tower. Is this right? Will the L&L towers move the motor back from the stock tower position a couple inches and lower it? I can make my motor mount onto the stock towers with my mounts but it needs to move back to completely mate to the transmission and the transmission has to be jacked up all the way to the firewall. I know thats not right. Towers need to be lower and with the motor mount bolt hole farther back. If it bolts up stock with no fab work I'd definitely go autofab.