View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 09:12 AM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I haven't been over here in a while, and still don't live back in CO yet, but thought I would chime in if you don't mind. I am in the process of "restoring" my 86 f150. This weekend I am taking the body off, wire wheeling the frame, and painting it with por-15. I am also getting, from a fellow CT chapter fte member, a "new" bed, and "new" front fenders. I will be blasting the body, and then painting with an epoxy primer sealer. Not sure when I will be able to get around to paint, so the epoxy seems like the best option. Then, I am bringing the old 300-6 back to life, and then some. I have a Holley 465cfm, offy DP, EFI exhaust manifolds, and DUI HEI distributor all going into the engine(for now). I think that wraps up the project for right now. I have been gathering all the necessary parts for the engine stuff for a little over a year now. The body stuff wasn't even a thought at first. The guy let me know he was scrapping his truck, and asked if I wanted anything off of it, so I had to jump at the opportunity.