View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Jetcopterpilot
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NumberDummy
How many swap meets have you attended? The real buyers, "the people in the know" are there at first light, some come before first light armed with flashlights.

By 9:00 AM the goodies will be gone, and then, the only people left walkin' around are the cheapskates, the baby stroller set and the clueless!

People who sell as swap meets usually begin packing up around eleven, because they are well aware that all the real buyers have left.

This has been SOP since the first swap meet was held.

Ed: Have you ever attended the F100 Super National's three day show and swap meet held in TN?

A huge success every year, and IMO having a show without a swap meet is ridiculous. You will attract far more people when you stage these events together.

btw: Robert also typed this same jazz into an ongoing thread in the 1961/66 forum. You may not like what my opinion is, but as they say, opinions are like ******** everyone has one.

I have a bit of experience with all a this, cuz I've been buying and selling at local swap meets since 1965.

Geez Bill are you always so positive? Too answer your question, I have been going to swap meets and garage sales for over 30 years, I can't attest to many more years then that, becase I am not some crotchety old man who rarely has any positive input. I have gone to a great many swaps that have lasted well beyond the late hour of NOON!

Costa Mesa Fair grounds, has a few every year for the car and truck enthusiast's as does Pomona AKA La Fair grounds (the Good Guys events). Long Beach Vet's stadium has a monthly swap which runs from 6am til about 3pm or 3:30. Actually Costa Mesa has weekly swap meets ( SAT & SUN) for pretty much anything you can imagine buying, that run from 7am til 4pm. I did not just fall off the turnip truck nor am I mister number Know-it -all.... My point was that you have to entice sellers and buyers into staying longer to promote sales... It is a point of retail sales, which you missed completely it is refered to as promotional sales.

As for Featherly park being tough to navigate, Maybe it is time for a newer walker, or a hover round I found it to be quite a pleasant location, the shade of all of the trees made it a very nice Cool location.

Yes Mr. Bill You are correct about opinions but, keep in mind most people don't give a damn about negative opinions nor do they listen to them. People are however accepting of positive opinions and constructive criticisms and appreciative of them too. As the old saying goes if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all....