View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 01:05 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 306 Likes on 281 Posts
Originally Posted by KevinGnWV
Ok...I just need to vent a little here...

Last week, I decide to go ahead and purchase a new vehicle. Called Ins company and added it on, full coverage. They told me how much it would add to my bill, fine, no problem.

So in the mail today I get my new Ins cards for the vehicle and a bill for next month, which was $60 more than what he told me when I added it.

I call them and ask why and another person says, "I see here you have a claim on your account".......wha??? She gave me the date and vehicle involved. Now, here is the strange part. Around the same date, I was pumping gas in my car (the esquirt). I was parked, and outside pumping gas when BANG and the car lurched back almost two feet. A lady in a Lincoln Navigator backed into the front of my car. How she could even see over the dash, I don't know, much less out back.

Anyway, she gets out, and the front of my car is bashed in and her back bumper plastic was scratched and had a crack in it. She gave me her Ins info and drives off.

Now for the good part! Her Ins company refused to fix my car, because there was no police report and she denied any knowledge of hitting anyone at any time. Ok so being the nice guy I am, and my car was a POS to begin with I let it go.

Until today! Somehow, she got my Ins info and filed a claim against me!!!! I asked the lady, did you actually pay her? She says, no, there was no payout given due to the circumstances, and she failed to tell me exactly what those details were "according to the lady's story".

So, I ask..let me get this straight. Clearly not my fault, no money was paid out, and my ins never went up nor was I notified there was a claim, but now that I have full coverage, you tack on another $60 because I "had a claim" against me. Yessir! That is correct.

Nationwide is clearly NOT on my side.
I would be more than a little pissed if that happened to me. I guess that it would be the right time to see what other insurance companies quote for coverage.