View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 11:33 AM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
hull, your problem may have been caused by something else. I see now your truck is a 2010 so you should have the updated CAC. I just went back and read your first post again, you say you lost power, did you also experience a shudder. If so it sure sounds like the CAC problem. Heres how you tell. Drive a good while without running it wide open. Then remove the bottom hose on the CAC and see if there is water pooled in it. The CAC is the very front radiator. if there is water in it then you know, if not you should probably look elsewhere. I think if you go to the dealer the TSB on the CAC will not apply to your truck.

As I understand our warranty position with Ford, if we make any modifications we risk having the warranty voided. The book implies there has to be some relationship between the mod and the problem but that's in the eye of the beholder. Would an after market CAC be considered to have caused a turbo failure? I sure don't know but it doesn't sound unreasonable. I think for sure the "delete and tune" would pretty much void everything engine related. I for one am OK with the stock performance of my truck and am unwilling to give up the engine warranty I have left. And I've reached a point in life that if I had to eat a $12,000 repair I could. I think with a new truck you are wise to not take the risk. There are some very expensive repairs that can happen to these engines.