View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 08:39 AM
mrsambuck
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True Repair Station Truck

So last night I bought a 197? ford F250?? pickup. I have been told that it is a 1977 cab on a 1972 frame. The truck has duel rear wheels and a Holmes 440 wrecker package mounted on the back. The front grill is that of a 1979. It also has the fuel fill right behind the Left side door built into the cab. I have been told it has either a 360 or 390 Motor. SO as you can tell this beast is a true service station beast that has been put back together over the years with what they had around. I teach Auto Shop at a local H.S. and this is our project for the year (although if I am honest I think this will be a multi year project) but I must say that I have never been a much of a Vin Number guy. I have a plate on the striker side of the drivers door. the numbers I have are as follows
737YER41570
137 1 F374 5 8 A278

So I guess my question is anyone have any idea what I have and as easy as it is to change doors, is there a better place to look for Data plates? Thanks in advance for taking a moment to read this. http://images.ford-trucks.com/forums...ies2/thumb.gif