Old 03-20-2011, 10:24 AM
FoMoFun
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clearing codes......Try this!!

I brought my 2010 Screw 4.6 3V in for a tranny update but like some of you--no TSB available despite some hard downshifting issues. My VIN was outside the range (6/10 birth date). So the tech "cleared" the transmission so it could re-learn my driving habits. I had doubts.

RESULTS: transmission began "slipping" between 1st and 2nd gear shift, doing so just before the shift into 2nd. Never did that before. In tow mode it didn't do it, but in "regular" mode at full acceleration it did. Annoying.

CURE: I decided to drive aggressively from stops, unlike how I normally drive, to see if the transmission would change shifting habits..........shock, it did! Now the shifts are firm and deliberate. No slipping and very eager to downshift. This after only 300 miles on the "re-learning". Only question I have is when towing. Have yet to try the 4th gear downshift under load to see if it still "bangs" into 4th..

ADVICE: Drive it like you stole it and see what changes. I've read where a few others here experienced the same improvement so it's worth a try. Very happy with the results........it will cost you a bit of gas though