View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 03:44 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Hey Zack, one question, do you remember what voltage readings you had on your FICM? This one would hold 46.6 volts KOEO and while cranking until the engine would try to fire, then it would drop into the mid 20V range. It will idle and rev up roughly there, but if the voltage drops below 21 volts, it will die The new one holds a steady 48.1 volts
There's seven screws/pins under that cover. Going off the top of my head, only one is supposed to have 48 +/- VDC...standing at the driver's side/fender it will be the top & left screw. The one below that should have about 5VDC; 3rd down is a ground and the bottom one (nearest to the fender) should have 12V the entire time. Mine was 46V KOEO; dropped to 43V while cranking; then would go to 49V with the engine running (like crap, but running).

For the record..this might be a little helpful if your going to spend allot of time with that "wonder of technology"

6.0's, FICM's and Cold Start Problems - PowerStrokeNation

I don't know how much reading you spent in the 6-leaker forum...but you might put a fuel pressure gauge on that dude and check the health of those high dollar injectors. Those sticks have got to have 45 psi MINIMUM at all times the engine is running. The more the better, though 70-75 is the maximum recommended pressure. Mine was 38psi at WOT...thus after everything was check out and four sticks replaced; life is well with the Pavement Princess.