View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 09:04 AM
mytbtruck
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by newblder
mytbtruck,
Nice work on the frame. It looks good. I notice that you aren't running stock suspension. I will be using my stock suspension and have read that the c channel frame twists and flexes to help the suspension on these trucks. It looks like it would be a very strong, solid setup to box mine all the way like yours. I'm worried about the ride becomming even more harsh than it is now. I worry with only boxing the front also because of causing stress points where the boxing ends causing cracks. I'm a "grandpa driver" with my vehicles but I'm also putting a motor in the truck that it was never designed to have in the first place.

Is there a way to keep the frame working the way it was designed and still have the strength to handle a stock cummins? If not I may go the same route and box the whole frame in.
I do remember how those old frames twisted and groaned with a load when you went over farm fields that were rough. I think a ridgid frame like mine with the original suspension probably would give you a much stiffer ride. Just my opinion not from experience. I needed a ridgid frame with the front and rear independent suspension, that was the reason for all the modification on my frame.