Thread: E4OD shutter
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 08:47 PM
JJ3
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I may end up doing that, just trying to keep money and time invested at a min. I did figure out mine is the aod-e/4r70w so the helps on cost

It was a bad day in the garage today. As a last resort I spent the 100.00 on a fluid/filter change. It was my first auto trans change and I must say it is pure joy. I ran thru the procedure as I found on the site and after I pulled out it slipped like crazy, ended up being 3qts low due to an addition cooler.

It was driving fine (still with low speed shudder) so I decided to go through with with the tcc control switch the way I understood it to begin with.

I cut the P/Y wire
Ran the trans side to a DPST switch in cab to a good ground
Ran the connecter side to a 12v key on with an in line 22k-ohm resistor

I ran really good for the first 10 miles, could really tell a difference. The trans, switch side of the curcuit was working for sure, no doubt. Then the OD light starting blinking and it started t shift into second harder. I assumed I had a bad connection on the harrnes (PCM?) side so I checked it and had good connection but also had 11.4v after the resistor. (my understanding was this should be 3v +/-)

On the way home it would barely drive. Like it was shifting from 1st to 3rd, and almost dying when stopped. I got it home and disconnected all of it, spliced the P/Y wire back together and pulled the neg batt. terminal for a bit to reset. Tried driving again and same thing, 1st to 3rd trying to die but no OD blinking. Setting still manualy running through the gears it dies when pulled into 2nd.

Im at a loss. I should have wired it according to the PDF file on oilburners, I understand that. I screwed up. Was it the fact mine is te AOD-E,, is it the wrong resistor, or did I fry something sending the 12V to it????

Im just looking now to undo the damage I have done and ANY help would be great.