View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Knotwild
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Tom: I caught your post about the Blackstone report. I had one done very soon after going to Magnesol. I got he warning about bearing wear, but mine test results were not nearly as high as yours. Here is what the narrative said:

This is your first sample while running biodiesel, and for the most part the engine is doing okay. Lead increased quite a bit, and this is something we'll watch. Lead typically shows bearing wear, and we think that's the source of it here, though it could also be from a particle streak, which is temporary. If lead continues to read high, you'll have to weigh the negative of the increased bearing wear against the positive of the BD. We'd be surprised if the Magnesol is a problem. Potassium is in the BD itself & is not antifreeze.

Note that they said K was not in the coolant. For most of the miles on this report I had been running with instructions from the guy that built my processor and was using media for final washing the fuel. I attributed the oil test to a bearing streak because following the processor guy's sheet was leaving glycerin in the fuel. Glycerin is the worlds greatest carbon creator I EVER saw. So I figured a bearing streak may have been caused by some carbon.

Since I now have 209,000 miles on the truck and it doesn't burn a drop of oil or require water in the radiator, I quit with the oil reports. I am probably close to 50,000 miles on biodiesel now and the engine runs great.

I understand cavitatio could be a problem. But if it were me, I would ask myself is there any way unburned fuel could be getting into the oil. I.e. through injectors that are tired, bad air filter, or worn injector pump. If the fuel is not getting atomized (and the bio doesn't produce tell tale smoke), then fuel could be washing down the cylinder walls into the oil. Those numbers seem VERY high compared to mine. I will try to send you an email with my old report.