Thread: Found a truck!
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 12:02 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
I found pretty much the exact truck I was looking for, 83 F250, 6.9 IDI 4 speed 4X4.
I was wondering if you ever found the truck you were looking for. When I swung by the barber shop Tuesday there was F250 that looked allot like this one sitting next door to the shop. I thought about walking over to see how much they wanted for it...and if it would fire up. Guess since you found this one...no need to ask then. Tough every time I see a truck of that vintage I remember the F250 my grandfather bought to build the garage addition to their retirement home. The truck was baby blue...beyond that I don't remember the details because I haven't seen the truck in 10 years or so. I'm pretty sure I saw it (only baby blue F250 in Heber Springs) when I was in town for my grandmother's funeral...in '99. Oh, Grandpa was only retired 8-10 months before he decided to go back to work.
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
This will be a woods only truck, if the doors and fenders stay straight......well, time will tell
My mother used to work with a guy that bought a then new Bronco ('96?) that he took out in the deer woods within weeks of buying it. Needless to say one of the mirrors meet a tree at beer...err deer camp; and a couple of dings appeared along the body. He didn't seem to worried about any of it, and except the mirror the flaws were still on the rig the last time I saw it. Guess I'm too much of a tight wad...I couldn't do that to one of my current Fords. Though all of them are 2WD.