Thread: E4OD shutter
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 02:25 PM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JJ3
Mine has gotten pretty bad lately so im ready to try about anything before it falls out. My truck is a 94, is it safe to say the Y/P wire is correct?
Yes, purple wire with a yellow tracer is what you're looking for, IIRC this color coding actually goes all the way to the 4R100.

Originally Posted by JJ3
TTT, im looking to do this sat. I beleive I understand but I need to confirm which wire it is. Another thing to note on mine is it only (very noticably anyway) shutters on take off through 2nd, and when rolling downshift to 1st or 2nd.
Sorry bout the delay, been a bit out the loop last few days - here's a link to the tech article several fellow oilburners put together for a different site, read through it and lemme know if you got any questions:
E4OD Torque Converter Lock Up Mods - Oilburners.net

Originally Posted by Rulebreaker
The torque converter lock solenoid only locks in Drive or OD, so if you have a shutter on take off you have another problem. Could be a u joint, bad torque converter, or maybe a bad motor mount. Lot's of different reasons to look into.
Actually I've heard/read rumors that the converter sometimes may lock up in 2nd gear as well, no idea how true that is tho - as far as I'm concerned it's just that, a rumor, but still something to keep in mind IMHO. I do agree tho that if the shudder is only in 1st and 2nd gear it's likely not related to the converter lockup, unfortunately I don't know enough about the E4OD internals to suggest what the problem could be...