View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 08:44 AM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hopefully this is indeed a fluke and the next 200k miles will be worry free.[/quote]

You did all the homework and you made a great choice. It is disheartening to have an issue with a new truck but take solace in what Moe said. If you knew his reputation, you would believe him about the "Maytag" reliability comment. Just take a little time and visit the 6.0 forum. Cheezit is a constant and valued source of knowledge for the troubled owners there. He told me a few months ago that if the 6.7 was his income maker, he would be real worried about his lunch money. Looks like nothings changed.

Moe's comments certainly are different from the nonsense the dealer told you. Why a dealer would tell a frantic customer anything like you were told is beyond me. There was no substance to his claim. He could find that out in a minute from the tech hot line. What does the dealer gain by scaring an already nervous customer? Sorry for the rant but this is a real pet peeve for me.

Right now, 2011 6.7 production is closing in on 275000 trucks. 250000 are now running around the country. Over a billion miles have likely been traveled and still no recurring engine issues.

Hope you get your truck back soon!!!!

Regards