Old 03-04-2011, 11:39 AM
2000Ford2000
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E-150 wheels big time neg. camber. Help!

2000 E-150 175k miles.

Here's what I've got and I think it happened yesterday. I backed out of a parking spot and turned to the left. The back end of the right front tire hit fairly solidly, a cement pole. It was hard enough to expect a small dent on the fender lip, but there was only a scratch on the fiberglass fender flare. I can see a pretty good tire tread on the post.

Not sure if this is the cause but very coincidental.

As long as I'm moving forward, the front tires seem fine, with maybe a small positive camber. As soon as I go into reverse and start moving, the front tires go into a giant negative camber. Probably like 10-20° negative. Pull forward and they straighten right back up.

Steering feels quite loose but the van does not wonder while driving. Steering wheel is about 45° turned to the right for a straight line and the van pulls slightly to the right while driving. This was not doing this before yesterday.

This van has twin I-beam suspension and the only thing I can think of that is common on both sides would be something like where the I-beams connects. Like maybe that connection is broke? I don't see anything hanging down but I can't go under it right now as I'm at work.