View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 12:04 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Hey Wally, have you ever changed an inner primary bearing? Mine is roaring and I'm sure that's where it's coming from, noise stops when the trans is put into gear. Have all of the parts needed, just making the time
Speaking of spinning wrenches on the scooters....does anyone recomend a method (scooter lift/front tire clamp) for hold a scooter up so that you can change the Earl? Mine is due, and I really need to do it. The problem is I don't have a good way to hold it up straight to drain the case. Well other than paying the 10 year to old the bike and work quickly before he tires out. The problem is, I'll have to add something extra to his allowance (or so he thinks)...at which point it's the same to have Suzuki do the work. And the odd-ball amount (3.2 qt I think) is another thing that pretty much demands that the bike is up right so I can see the earl in the site glass. The Harbor Freight in town has one or two lifts...but they're from China and I don't think they're rated high enough to support it. Through with a Jap' bike on a China lift...I guess it could work out.